View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #17
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Drake's 2-3 month back-order

I just recently placed sizable $$ orders with Bob Drake and Dennis Carpenter. My order from D.C. arrived in about one week with all but two items I had ordered. He didn't back order the unavailable items, he just indicated that they were out of stock and I would have to reorder these items at some later date. On my B.D. order I received an email saying that a couple items were out of stock and would have to be back ordered. They asked me to let them know if they should send the items that are available or hold the complete order until the BO items were available. I emailed back telling them to ship what they had and BO what they didn't have. I'm still waiting for the available parts to arrive. One item that is BO'ed is the '35-'36 windshield winding mechanism. This is not a complaint post. I'm just letting the original poster of this thread know how my orders from two different suppliers are being handled. I'm actually very grateful that both of these suppliers are in this business supplying parts for my old cars. For those who have complaints with BD, my suggestion would be to look him up in the members list and send him a PM or an email telling him about your problem. If Bob or someone else from the company doesn't respond, then start calling or writing a letter letting him know what's wrong. Complaining on an internet forum usually does not get a problem with a supplier resolved.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 09-01-2011 at 04:47 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote