View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 12:13 AM   #11
Rebel Sympathy

Default Re: Drake's 2-3 month back-order

Yeah. For sure, we'd all be much better off without a guy like that sorry Bob Drake. No doubt about that.

I really appreciate the man. I was in the toploader transmission (1960's Mustang, Fairlane, Falcon, Torino, Galaxie) rebuilding business for years. You bust your arse to do everything right and on time. One unfortunate circumstance (usually not something you can even control) and you are branded a "som' bich" forever.

Tell you what..... some of you critical guys get off your arses and start making a better gas tank for somewhere near the same money and I will buy yours. Otherwise......... head for the junkyard and find a nice original. What's that? There aren't any left? Oh, gee...... what are we going to do!??!

Seriously, what we ought to be doing is writing and calling Bob Drake, tactfully pointing out flaws while encouraging and thanking the man. We might get an improved product in the future as a result of our positive efforts.

Or not. But, it's worth a try.

Mike Durhan

Last edited by Rebel Sympathy; 09-01-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Rebel Sympathy is offline   Reply With Quote