Thread: Body tilting
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
wrndln

Default Body tilting

Today I had several friends over to install the body on the chassis. It wasn't quite as easy as I had hoped, but we got it installed, the blocks positioned and the bolts into the frame holes. However, after installing the body, it leans almost an inch down on the left side. All the body blocks were checked and are OK and the rear spring center bolt is definitely in the square hole in the rear frame crossmember. The only thing I can think of that is causing the lean is the rear spring isn't right (weak on the left side). The spring I used was never on the chassis before but is an original Ford spring. Can anyone think of any other reason why the body would lean down on the left side so much? All the shocks are installed. I was thinking about removing the rear spring and reversing the direction of the spring. That would tell me if the spring is the problem. Reversing the spring is not a simple task so I wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestion before I do anything. I am pasting in a picture of the car below.
Thanks for any suggestions as to why the lean.
Rusty Nelson

wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote