Thread: uncanny stories
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 07:49 PM   #19
nelsb01

Default Re: uncanny stories

I started my work life as 3rd shift mailroom trainee. Over the years when the work was done you could sit around and relax. Well, one night I brought in an issue of Hemmings Motor News and before the shift ended, the company Electrician came in early and saw the Hemmings. He asked about what I had home in my garage that I would be reading an old car magazine that had 1000's of ads. I told him that I had a 1936 Ford pickup home in my garage. He said that he frequented auctions in northern Minnesota and might have some items that I would be interested in. Well, time went by and I didn't see him again for a while. One morning before I headed home he shows up and asks me if I would be interested in this? This turned out to be a 1932-1936 standard spare tire lock. It had the key but not a cover for the lock. I asked him what he needed for the piece and he said nothing because it was in a pile that he bought and he got what he wanted and this was just a bonus.
Fast forward to years later. Cleaning out the grandparents home and there was a box of old car stuff. There was a broken 1940 Ford hood latch, some old car emblems and a stainless Ford script oval............yes a cover for the spare tire lock. A old car guru said to use a pen spring and an long split rivit and sure enough -- I now own a complete Ford spare tire lock. It look great in the display case.
As with the other stories -- it pays to look a little deeper................
nelsb01 is offline   Reply With Quote