View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #31
Hivolt5.0

Default Re: T86 clutch and pressure plate

Well, I'm still trying to save up the necessary funds to get the T86/OD transmission rebuilt and get a new clutch and pressure plate. However, I did pick up a couple of 3 speed transmissions from 40Cpe (Thank you!!) in the hopes one of them would tide me over until I can get all of the necessary pieces to rebuild the T86/OD. Upon inspecting the two 3 speeds, one had some chipped gears and the other one had perfect gears. Yeah! But the transmissions had been sitting for awhile and after researching the cost of a new gasket kit and bearings I decided to rebuild the good transmission with new gaskets and such. I was able to take it apart and clean all the shumtz out of it. The inside of the tail shaft was especially nasty. I also got the driveshaft and trans cross-member cleaned up and painted. (I did learn to not use ACE Hardware brand black paint. I wanted gloss black and ended up with dull charcoal grey. Oh well.) Anyway, here are some pictures.

Transmission before (obviously)

Here she is all cleaned up. The case is still empty, haven't bought the gasket set yet, but I decided to mock it up just to see what it will look like.

And the rebuilt starter. I still need to paint the case though.
Hivolt5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote