View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #34
Hivolt5.0

Default Re: T86 clutch and pressure plate

Thanks Ole Don! I bought some gear oil based on your recommendation.

Well, I was able to get the transmission installed last Thursday evening with the help of a good friend. The install went well and looks good. The only issue I have is when you press the clutch pedal it just doesn't feel like anything is happening. The Z-bar doesn't seem to be relaying the clutch pedal movement to the clutch fork. I ordered some new bushings for the Z-bar, the ones in there now are worn out. I hope that solves the issue. Anyway, I know you guys have probably seen these steps before on your own rides, but I'm pretty excited about it.

Got the transmission back together with no left over parts and it spins very nicely.

I bought the clutch and pressure plate from Bob's Automotive. What a great guy and he has a huge collection of NOS parts for many different years of Ford vehicles. Here's link to his ad on the Ford Barn.
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showth...pressure+plate

One of the "oh no" issues I had was with the inspection cover for the bell housing. I didn't have one so I posted a "Want" ad on both the Ford Barn and the HAMB. A HAMBer contacted me first with one and I bought. After getting it all cleaned up I realized it won't work. The cover is for a different model bell housing. Does anyone know what motor bell housing this inspection cover would work with? I had a hard time finding one and I'm thinking about modifying this one to work, but if someone needs this cover please let me know. I hate to cut up a perfect cover if someone needs one.

You can see it won't work with my bell housing. Different shape and bolt pattern.

Last picture I have of the bell housing and such all bolted to the motor.

Hivolt5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote