View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 12:45 PM   #19
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Mid-Atlantic Pre-War Swap Meet, 05/10/2024-05/11/2024, Luray, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackops View Post
How big does this meet typically get? I've passed on attending before, but if it's worth the 9-hour round trip, I'll definitely consider it this time.

And, I'd get to hang out with old guys from New Zealand. How could I beat that?
I believe Dennis told me yesterday they had 76 different vendors pre-registered with over 100 spaces. He said there is always a few that take a chance and come without reserving spaces.

I'm not really sure how to determine is it is worth a 9-hour drive. I guess that depends on what you are needing. Last year I purchased a set of NOS 28/29 rear fenders but I typically don't find a lot of NOS stuff there for Model-As. If you are looking for good mechanical parts, there is usually an abundance of that. Good restorable sheetmetal has been hit or miss over the years as far as availability IIRC. If you do plan on coming, I would recommend coming for Friday as the good stuff is usually gone by Saturday. Friday night dinner by the VFW is always a good time too.

Ohh, and how big does it get? The entire field that everyone sets up on is a little over 350' x 350', ...so roughly around 3 acres. Doesn't sound like it is very big, but I like the size because you are not walking forever.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Last edited by BRENT in 10-uh-C; 04-16-2024 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Add answer to how big does it get...
BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote