View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 07:56 PM   #7
dmsfrr

Default Re: oil pressure guage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Coupe View Post
On the picture is this where the electric sender is usually installed or as factory installed? On my '55 T Bird 292 the tapped hole above coolant petcock is where mine is and where I installed "T" for original sender and mechanical oil pressure gauge. I think mine is correct because that was where the Casco sender wire fit but no farther.
37 Coupe, I believe that's correct. The fitting next to the coolant drain valve is the original location for the '55/'57 T-Bird oil pressure switch... see photos below.

The previous photo of the pressure switch on an upside down engine was not the original engine for the car, a '55 T-Bird. That photo was meant only as an example of the locations of the oil galley fittings.
I placed the pressure switch in that location because that's where it was on the engine that was removed, also not original to the car.

The next two photos show before and after on what was an original, but now rebuilt, T-Bird engine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before, oil pressure switch.jpg (48.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20220918 oil pressure switch & filter plate c.jpg (56.7 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by dmsfrr; 06-27-2023 at 08:14 PM.
dmsfrr is offline   Reply With Quote