View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 11:47 AM   #80
Old Henry

Default Re: High Beams stick on.

I just learned something interesting about the wiring harness that can be bought to replace mine. First, let me say emphatically that I DO intended to replace my wiring harness someday and maybe soon, just not before I leave for Alaska in 5 days. That's a no-brainer that I need to do that. What I learned, however, is that, if I had replaced the main wiring harness for under the dash to the engine compartment as several suggested, it would not have fixed this short problem that I have that turned out to be in the left headlamp bucket. The wiring harnesses do not include the headlight pigtails. I only mention this as a reminder that before we start throwing expensive high labor intensive parts at a problem it is always best to actually accurately locate the problem and diagnose it and a solution addressing that problem. I know some don't like that idea but that's how I try to do things.