View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 05:55 PM   #26
KULTULZ

Exclamation Re: Oil pipe question on side of oil pan

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from Northport View Post

Kultulz-

I received the parts ordered from Rubber the Right way that you recommended. The oil pump seal they sent has NO metal crimp ring inside. It was just like the one I received from Concours parts and sent back.
... sob ...

Then why was their ILL with the sleeve? (because they used a photo of a FORD SERVICE PART instead of what they are selling). The sleeve prevents the seal from distorting within specified torque value.

Did it appear the same as the original piece of crap?

Quote:
Ted (2/1/2024)

Kultulz. Pass it on that I have the oil pump inlet seals and the two gaskets for the interior and exterior pan to tube attachment for the 1954 oil pans. I do not have the flat rubber washer that sandwiches between those two inlet tubes at the oil pan though but any appropriately sized O ring will work at that spot.

As far as the deformation in the tube, I use a ½” diameter steel drift to remove the crush caused by using the non-Ford steel banded inlet seals.

Some white or lithium grease works as a sealant on those ‘all rubber, no steel’ inlet seals when installing them.

I can be contacted through my shop email and that information is located on the ‘Contact Us’ tab at www.eatonbalancing.com .
Attached are both photos of the NOS and FEL-PRO. Both use sleeves. I have no idea how the section of heater hose they are selling will completely seal - The ends are not even chamfered. A gland nut captures the seal and compresses it within the nut.

Last edited by KULTULZ; 02-16-2024 at 08:21 AM. Reason: ADD INFO
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote