View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 09:56 PM   #63
GB SISSON

Default Re: 276 stroker from 35 years of parts

Plenty busy with my day job today, but after dinner I got a chance to make a light spring setup and get some measurements I can work with. What I found is that even though I have fewer of the short springs, I do have more than enough to make a set with the rotators. I'm leaning that way as I have a nice clean set that is quite consistent.Thing is, at installed height they are in the mid 20s. I found a small fender washer that measures exactly .060 and with that on top of the coil they all register from 38 to 42. I have never bought or used valve shims. Is .060 a lot of shim? If I go this route what should I order? Tomorrow I will do the same with the longer non rotator type and see what I get.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote