Thread: winch
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 12:06 AM   #12
Brad in Germany

Default Re: winch

I really like my fully-enclosed, floor mounted, COMEUP rope winch in my enclosed trailer. The remote control on the winch allows me to be able to walk around and load the car by myself and the synthetic rope is so much easier to use than a steel cable. It is rated for 5000lbs, but does the job perfectly and being fully enclosed gives it a nice clean look while keeping dirt and water out of its mechanism and off of the synthetic rope.

Mac's Tie Downs make a really nice padded Y "Combo Bridle" specifically designed to go over the axel at both ends by the spring perches (use promo code "MACSPAT" for a $25 discount!). It is super easy and fast to put on and will not scratch your axel paint and also no worries about pulling the car by the center of its front axel nor possibly damaging the radiator splash apron:

Here is my floor mounted rope winch setup in my trailer hooked up to a 1929 Ford Model A using the Mac's Combo Bridle:

On the winch rope, there is a thick nylon sheathing to protect the rope from chaffing on the rear, beaver-tail flooring of the trailer, when the car being winched is on the ground, at the end of the loading ramp:

Brad in Maryland
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 12.46.49 AM.jpg (16.0 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6113.jpg (33.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6102.jpg (36.3 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by Brad in Germany; 03-27-2024 at 12:34 AM.
Brad in Germany is offline   Reply With Quote