View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #11
FlatheadTed

Send a message via AIM to FlatheadTed
Default Re: 34 Roadsters how many were built?

David G I will grant you that they did come from Canada but were American designed body's to start with ( or the term down here is it US or Auzy )and came in as knocked down body's excluding the floor . It is often mentioned that the Australian body's have a lot of wood as if the US body's have non ,when in fact the wood is near identical except the floor .I am aware of the fact that the rockers doors and A pillar does not meet the running board , In fact it appears the Roadster body's were shortened on purpose to accommodate the floor .I own 3 of these vehicles and have other US body's side by side to compare them with .Its unlikely that Ford Australia would have done expensive tooling to stamp such a limited run of 700 cars .As far as I can tell there stamping at that stage consisted of smaller components only, but this could be open to debate . You can see very clearly on all the cowl sections were they have cut and a patch panel leaded in to change the angle of the US body's lower swag (photo attached ) .As far as the internal components)being interchangeable, there are differences on door locks and A&B pillar brackets but could be made to work on ether body.All body mesurments are the same except were the A & B pillor & doors have been shortened .

Ford may have done some goofy things in those days, but with all due respect what you suggest is not one of them.
please explain then why all the Auzy dashes have a left and right hand holes to mount the steering colume .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010887_0243.jpg (40.1 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg P1010888_0244.jpg (42.2 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg P1010889_0245.jpg (36.4 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg P1010890.jpg (83.7 KB, 94 views)

Flathead Ted brake Floaters ,

Last edited by FlatheadTed; 01-06-2012 at 05:15 PM.
FlatheadTed is offline   Reply With Quote