View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #9
Terry,OH

Default Re: tie rod hitting the front radius rods

This is a CA car and all the front end work was done before I bought the car, I am trying to get this cars steering corrected. The front end work was done either in CA or Nevada. The front radius rods are not split and they are original to the car. The front axle is dropped, my guess is 4". There is a reverse eye mono leaf front spring, it sets high in the original crossmember, with all the spacers under the leaf and bolted to the crossmember with the original 34 hardware. I have no idea as to the mfg of the hot rod steering arms that are bolted to the rear of the spindles. At this point I am not sure of the spindle year but there are 47-8 hydraulic brakes.
The tie rod clears the bottom of the modified radius rods by 1/4 inch in the straight ahead position and only hits the unmodified area of the radius rods during an extreme turn, yes the turn stops are installed in the king pin locks but the spindles can not turn far enough to touch the stops and the king pins do not have the socket on top, so they are hot rod style.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01913.jpg (36.6 KB, 441 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01914.JPG (60.7 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01915.JPG (59.8 KB, 144 views)

Last edited by Terry,OH; 06-17-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Terry,OH is offline   Reply With Quote