View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #53
sturgis 39

Default Re: Not getting fire!! Won't start. PLEASE HELP FAST!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotex View Post
First off I want to say thanks to Tom Foster for the PM he sent me with helpful info.

Second off. I had the president of the local Model A club stop by for a minute and he showed me what to do. He didnt have much time so he told me and showed me. I did exactly as he said to do and nothing happend other than the coil got really hot.

He had me run the distributor wire to the negative side of the coil. The the positive side to the post on the starter. I still did not get anything and it is still not running.
To bad the president could not spend more time with you. I would guess an experienced model "a" man or woman could solve your problems in a half hour. Most new cars have the ignition switch between the coil and battery. The model "a" ignition switch is between the coil and distributor. I do not know if you knew this. The coil getting hot means something is wrong with the circuit. I wish I was closer and could help.

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.

Last edited by sturgis 39; 03-20-2011 at 10:04 PM.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote