View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #17
Keith True

Default Re: Fiberglass fenders and reduced vehilce value

I bought some glass fenders to use temporarily over 20 years ago.I used them for over 15 years,then installed some steel ones I had found somewhere. I then sold the glass ones for what I had paid for them when new.I bought them from a place in Florida,I want to say St Petersburg. On the pickups I still use the glass on the rear.There is a fellow near me now making 30-31 fronts,he started making them because one of his customers is a vendor that is having trouble with steel fronts.I have a 31 truck that I am painting up and putting back together,that is getting a new set of his glass fenders.They look nice,I already bought a set.I've only sold a couple of A's that I owned,but I've sold some for others that had glass fenders.I did get quite a few whiners that felt the price should drop $5000.or so because of the glass,but when I told them if they paid the asking price I would paint and install new steel they would shut up.Not one ever took me up on it.I know some people will tell you to buy a few more tools,watch some videos,learn some more welding,and almost anything can be fixed.Very true,BUT,doing all that for somebody with other things going on in life can add years to the project.When you're behind the wheel you will not care one bit that the fenders are plastic.You can take the time to do all that while riding around behind the fake fenders.Bottom line is they are an easy part to replace,run them until you find the steel ones you like,if you ever bother.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote