View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 06:37 PM   #13
lyleknievel

Default Re: V8 Clutch in Model A: Something is not right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flathead View Post
When you tighten up the pressure plate do the release fingers come close to the center of clutch disc not allowing much travel for clutch to release when stepping on pedal? If the disc is too thick this can happen. A work around for this is to put six good flat washers between the pressure plate and the flywheel where it mounts, one for each bolt. The thickness of each washer must be the same but sets of thinner or thicker will allow tuning your clearance. Maybe start with .040 thick to match the difference between your disc and stock. Or get a thinner disc.
On the first picture with the pressure plate mounted to the flywheel, you can see where the fingers are with the pressure plate tightened to the flywheel -- and yes they are fairly through their "stroke" which limits the amount that the release bearing can push. I did think about "install washers between the pressure plate and the flywheel" idea and I think that will probably work but for $50 maybe I'll just get the thinner disk (assuming that is the right answer).
lyleknievel is offline   Reply With Quote