View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #9
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: PPG Shopline paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5window View Post
I appreciate the replies. But, paint really confuses me. Brent, the paints I am being quoted on here are, I think, more expensive than your very expensive ChromaPremeir-Anyway,PPG 44375 is $109.90/QT as supplied,Martin Senour 65428 green is 114.89/qt.

So that being the case, can anyone give me the proper codes to match a 1929 Balsam green in a 2 stage paint?

Thanks.
Yes, I can see the confusion. "Sprayable Quart" has a different meaning than can quart. For example...

If I were to purchase PPG's DCC Balsam green, I am going to pay about $334 for a gallon of paint, about $50 for a gallon of reducer, and a little over $100 for a quart of Hardener. The mix ratio is 4/2/1 so you will have $334 + $25 (½ of the reducer) + $100 = $459.00. When everything is mixed together, this will yield about 7 quarts of sprayable paint, ...which when you divide the 7 qts. into the total costs, this makes each 'Sprayable Qt.' come to about $65.00 each. If I were to divide the gallon of paint by ¼, my costs for that quart of 'Can' paint would be over $80. That is the difference between the two terms.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote