View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #13
[email protected]

Default Re: Winter time and those painful cracks in the corners of the chapped thumbs

http://www.nocrack.com/

Hands are sometimes known to be leathery, right? Here is another product for your consideration.

I have a friend that was in the leather industry and he always said to care for leather properly you should use Lanolin. Do not use anything with glycerin, saddle soap, or silicone as it will actually help to seal the exterior but then the inside will dry from the inside out. The Lanolin will be absorbed totally into the leather and a little amount seems to go a long way. It works for sheep..... We found this No Crack Cream being sold at the Illinois Machine Shed restaurant one time and it is made up with mostly Lanolin. My wife is a great believer in this No CracK Cream product now as being much better then any other hand creams out there. But she probably hasn't actually tried them all out before so it is just an opinion.

I found out as well that this same No Crack Cream is actually great on leather furniture to heal the scratches and cracks of normal wear and tear. It leaves the leather better looking and feeling then the leather conditioning stuff sold at the stores just for leather. Try it out first on an inconspicuous spot as it darkens the leather color slightly as the leather get re-hydrated. Works great on our dark brown leather furniture.

To get back to being Model A related. I haven't tried it out on my car top or tires yet...
modela@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote