View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
danny1940

Default Re: Roanoke, Virginia Need to see some early fords

My son went to Virginia Tech from 2002 to 2006. I used to cruise down to visit him during the warm weather months in my 40 Ford Tudor. I loved the rides down. Anyway, on Saturday nights in Salem, a small town near Roanoke, they held a cruise night behind Fast Freddy's, a hamburger joint. This place was right next to a Sonic. The first time I ever pulled in about 5 guys, mature types, came over to the car because they could hear the Flathead. The people were great, the cars were great with a lot of traditional rods that people on this forum would enjoy. Over the four years I traveled down that way, I got to know a lot of people, mostly the Flathead crew. I was always impressed with the cars that came out of those mountains, some really nice machinery. I've since heard that Freddy's was sold so I can't be sure if the cruises are still on. Given the number of cars that showed up, I'd be pretty confident that something is still going on. Check it out, you might like it.As I recall, there were good places for food as well if you want to take the significant other and make it a night out. Good luck, have fun, Dan
danny1940 is offline   Reply With Quote