View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #68
MCHinson

Default Re: Not getting fire!! Won't start. PLEASE HELP FAST!!

crotex,

While you are understandably frustrated on your end, I think the thing that is difficult to deal with on the other end is that it is difficult for anyone to help you diagnose the problem without feedback from you.

If someone says something like "Try A, B & C", you really need to try it and then reply, "When I tried A, B & C, the results were _________" (fill in the blank with whatever result you got).

For instance, I still don't know if you have the insulating washer on the condensor screw. If you don't, that might fix it. If you do, if you tell me, then I know we have eliminated that particular possibility.

If you go back and read all 4 pages of suggestions, there are loads of potential causes of your problem, but we have no idea if you have tried and eliminated those or not. We can continue throwing out suggestions, but until you communicate what has been tried and what results were obtained, there is a very small chance that any of us are going to be able to identify the problem(s) without seeing your Model A in person.

There is also a chance that you more than one problem or have something wired incorrectly since you have changed so many parts without following a diagnostic flow chart.

If you have a Model A Mechanic's handbook, I am surprised that following the diagrams and troubleshooting charts has not identified your problem. Do you have this book?
MCHinson is offline   Reply With Quote