View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #18
Mikeinnj

Default Re: Model A Engine Rebuild

Gee Kohnke, sorry it takes you three to four hours to write up an estimate. I would never do business with a shop that could not tell me how much a rebuilt engine would cost. I have been able to recieve phone numbers for the purpose of references from many people in business. I have called the owners of homes to find out how their builders treated tham and if they were satisfied with the work provided. I have contacted customers of auto repair facilities to know their impression of the services rendered.These phone numbers were freely provided by the owners of the business and showed me that they stood by their reputation.This is the way things are done in business. Remember,if you run a reputable, honest business, an informed educated consumer is always the best customer.

P.S. - If you can offer a good product, you might ask future customers if they would be willing to have potential customers call them regarding their experience dealing with you, your services and products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohnke Rebabbitting View Post
Man, what planet you on. There is nothing the matter with looking the shop over, and asking questions, but a good way to get your a%$ chewed is give out a customer's phone number, and about the 3rd call, the guy would call me. People don't like to be bothered, as in a no call list, ask me how I know this. Wow a written detailed estimate, Gee, that sounds easy, it only takes about 3, or 4 hours of wasted time on just one Guy, Ya why not, make a career of writing estimates, and with all the other jobs in the shop, that would shoot time frames all to H#$%. In 43 years, I have yet to write an estimate. There were 2 times I wrote 6 Months, or 6,000 miles for the warranty, on the itemized bill, when they asked, that was about 30 years. I don't have come backs!. The last thing is, you get what you pay for. How can some rebuild an engine for 2/3rd's less then other rebuilders, I know, Do you. Over Head My A*%. Herm.
Mikeinnj is offline   Reply With Quote