View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 12:09 AM   #16
Joe AZ

Default Re: Tuning Dual 94's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1950effie View Post
I run dual 94's on my '50 8BA. Isky 400JR, Johnson valves, bored 30 over, Ross pistons, Offy heads and intake. I have the 3 hg power valves in both carbs and stock jets. Upgraded to the new ball seats and ethanol resistant gaskets. Need it here in the Fort Worth, TX area as we have a 10% blend in our fuel. Reamed out the shafts and installed a new set. Specifically one for the primary and one for the secondary. There is a difference. I have the stock fuel pump regulated down to 3.5 psi which has resolved any blown out seat issues. I have had no issues in the 6 years I have been running this set up. Had '97's before but always had stumbling and had to constantly adjust the setup. The '94's have proved more reliable. I used a good quality MAC vacuum guage to set the vacuum and moved back and forth until I had maintained a steady reading. Holds a good 16-18 hg. vacuum. I have had good luck with Vintage Speed out of Florida on my parts and they have been helpful on information. But as a HUGE supporter of the HAMB the Holley '94 social group has been a big help.

Pics of my setup below. Needs a good cleaning. But hey, I love driving her!
Needs a good cleaning? Wow, hate to see it clean......
Joe AZ is offline   Reply With Quote