View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 10:55 AM   #27
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: How to clean out a fuel line on the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Henry View Post
While I'm on my "Diagnose before you prescribe" soap box, here's another story:

Many more years ago when I was a car dealer I bought a really nice looking car for real cheap at the auto auction that wouldn't start. I towed it to a garage that specialized in that kind of car and told them to figure out why it wouldn't start and fix it. They called me shortly thereafter and said it needed a valve job for several hundred dollars. I couldn't believe that's why it wouldn't start but what did I know? I left it to those with the "experience" and gave them the go ahead for the valve job. A few days and several hundred dollars later I went to pick up the car. It still wouldn't start!!! I was pretty upset and let them know it. They took it back in the garage while I was waiting and figured out that the reason it wouldn't start was because the interlock switch in the gear shift was bad keeping it from starting. "So, how did you start it to work on it?" "We just started it under the hood shorting the solenoid." Lesson learned. Diagnose before you prescribe.
Sooooooo.............you're sayin' that you were SO mechanically-inclined, even back then, that you "bought" the idea that a valve job would correct a "no-crank" situation? Even your "life's experience" analogies don't ad up very well. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote