View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
COE Dan

Default Help needed to fit '39 windshield seal

Ford Barners,

I need some help installing my new windshield frame-to-body seal on my 1939 Ford Fordor Deluxe Sedan. I purchased a new (reproduction) 37-39 Closed Car windshield seal followed the directions precisely. My problem is that I cannot get the new seal to seat correctly in the frame. The seal fits around the perimeter of the frame correctly but I can’t get the seal deep enough into the frame except at the molded corners. I looked to see why that was the case and determined that the seal is the correct thickness at the corners but too thick around the remainder of the frame. This means after fully pressing the seal into the groove, the seal is 1/8-1/4 of an inch farther from the frame than it should be and the seal curls towards the back of the frame and prevents the windshield from seating in the body opening and also prevents the windshield regulator from closing the windshield.

I don’t seen how I can trim the seal to fit. I would need to trim the curved face of the seal and I don’t think I’ll be able to do this consistently arount the perimeter to prevent bubbles and leaks. Anyone have experience with new repro seal installation?

Looking for help, thanks
COE Dan
COE Dan is offline   Reply With Quote