View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
47fordman

Default Re: 47 Ford Super Deluxe Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee2you View Post
I believe the speedo is from a different year I'm thinking 46, I am not sure if early 47 had 46 colored gauges, if so then oil, temp, ammeter guage aren't correct, but I am pretty sure the speedo is the incorrect guage. Values vary quite a bit some models wanted more than others, however 47 is a good year and had the bigger flathead.
That might be the case. I don't know enough about car to know where one guage is correct or incorrect. I know I found that speedometer in the trunk with all of the other parts and it might not be correct. I wondered since the speedo doesn't match the guages that are still in the vehicle. I think that was an era when parts swapping was a common occurence so you would know better than me I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthegarge View Post
Have you tried starting it ?? Do you have the rest of the parts ?? Price will vary a lot depending on several Factors...RW
I have turned the key that was in the ignition when I inherited the car. It does not start or make any noise when I turn the key. For all I know it could be because the battery is dead. The way you see the car in the photo's is the way I got the car and for all I know is the way the car has been since around 1970 when my grandfather parked it in his garage. I know three of the four tires still hold air and the tires I'm sure are from around the 1970's.
47fordman is offline   Reply With Quote