View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 10:15 PM   #11
Y-Blockhead

Default Re: New Front and Rear Carpet and how to Insulate the Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Some may consider I go overboard on insulation, but I consider it worth it. On the underside of the floorboard, I have the silver bubble insulation stapled to the passengers side (not drivers because of the battery) as well as the the underside of the toe board. On the inside, I have two layers of silver insulation running all the way from the seat up to the top of the firewall. On top of that, I also have a piece of industrial grade carpet that is cut the same shape as the model a carpet, then the correct model a carpet on top. Inside the doors & cowls I have peal & seal roofing insulation which is said to be the same as that fancy sticky insulation, as well as a cut out piece of silver insulation. I then have under the rear floor boards & under the rear seat insulated with the silver bubble insulation. The roof has the silver insulation as well. My car NEVER gets hot inside in the Texas heat. Passengers can take their shoes off and never complain about the floorboards getting hot. I also did all of this to help the AC work at it's full capacity, which it does. I rarely ever turn it on high and the people in the rear are more then comfortable even in the middle of the day when it's 105°.
I'll bet it's pretty quiet inside also.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote