View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #15
Fred
BANNED

Talking Re: Stainless Steel Restoration: Who to go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peters180a/170b View Post
Doug is finished to some ! He got pissed off at some because of some of his pricing. [ It takes 40 plus hours on 1 S/S Shell. and he states of all the shells he has done before hand FORD never had a perfect left and right side [ waves in all of them ! ] but people wanted flat , straight down sides... you pay for what you get. He got pissed off over Ebay sales..A guy bought a carb. and complained about it [not show] so Doug refunded the guy before he received the carb. back... end of story- carb. never got back to Doug. I have a pair of head lights , cowl lights and caps there right now... not in any rush just when he gets to them [after the winter.] right now he is working on HIS new car [1935 Chevy 3 window coupe] sorry i could not bring myself owning a Chevy,,, i will look for another "A" in the near future...l.o.l. [ i just seen the price of a shell in Toronto.... Doug top show shell was $850.00 ...sure beats $1,500.00 ... They do a super job on Quails..but then again NOT CHEAP !
WOW !!, And I thought nickel plating was pretty high $$.. Glad I only have 2- 1928s..