View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 10:23 PM   #16
langus480

Default Re: Serial Number and Year of production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Stephens View Post
The first thing you need to do is to add your general location to your profile.

Next you need to get the paperwork straightened out before you invest any money and before the seller disappears. I am assuming you recently purchased the truck. It may turn out you have a stolen truck and a title from EBAY. What number is on the title and does that number appear anywhere on the vehicle? How about some pictures.

Charlie Stephens

I believe it is a genuine sale. The seller I purchased the truck came from Illinois. He gave me several new parts that still had the seller he purchased the truck from.

The story I was told was the previous seller was performing a restoration and passed away, thus the widow sold the truck to the person I purchased the truck from.

He drove all the way from AZ to Illinois to pick it up. I guess the seller also has family there in Illinois so the story seems reasonable. Also, looking at the title, the invoices, and the seller seems legit.

I work in aviation so its imperative to have genuine parts and not suspect parts, thus I combed over all the details before investing in a parted basket case truck.

However, like I pointed out and a few others on this channel, that dealers may have rebadged the date to a different date based on selling and not actual production time like I first suspected.
langus480 is offline   Reply With Quote