View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 11:52 PM   #14
Kohnke Rebabbitting

Default Re: Model A Engine Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeinnj View Post
I love these threads where people with no knowledge of the answer make vague comments or hijack the thread.

If I was looking to have a shop rebuild my engine I would go there and look around at the condition of the place, the type of machinery and tools he uses, ask a lot of questions, and ask for some names of people he has rebuilt engines for, contact them and find out about their experience and satisfaction with his work.

If you decide to have him do the work ,get a written detailed estimate and completion date. Ask him to include any warranty info on the estimate and final bill.Good Luck !
Man, what planet you on. There is nothing the matter with looking the shop over, and asking questions, but a good way to get your a%$ chewed is give out a customer's phone number, and about the 3rd call, the guy would call me. People don't like to be bothered, as in a no call list, ask me how I know this. Wow a written detailed estimate, Gee, that sounds easy, it only takes about 3, or 4 hours of wasted time on just one Guy, Ya why not, make a career of writing estimates, and with all the other jobs in the shop, that would shoot time frames all to H#$%. In 43 years, I have yet to write an estimate. There were 2 times I wrote 6 Months, or 6,000 miles for the warranty, on the itemized bill, when they asked, that was about 30 years. I don't have come backs!. The last thing is, you get what you pay for. How can some rebuild an engine for 2/3rd's less then other rebuilders, I know, Do you. Over Head My A*%. Herm.
Kohnke Rebabbitting is offline   Reply With Quote