View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
P.S.

Default Re: Who can re-sleeve an original distributor?

Part of being a capable engineer is knowing when to seek assistance from someone with better skills than yourself. In this case, mechanical skills.

I can get the bushings in, no problem. The problem comes when installing the shaft. You have to have the thin washer on top and either another thin washer or the fiber one on the bottom, then the sleeve with a pin through it to hold it to the shaft.

Well, even with NO washer on the bottom this time, I drove the pin into the sleeve and shaft, and the whole thing binds now when turning the shaft. In whacking it to get it to all line up, I also managed to make the bushings less tight to the shaft as well.

Rather than destroy an original distributor housing, I am seeking help, please. I know when to quit, and that time is now. I am not going to attempt this again myself, I will only be sending this to someone who will do it correctly for money. Not negotiable as I know my limitations!

So, back to the original question, please.... Is there a shop that will re-do the (now possibly ruined) sleeves and install the shaft with a new pin the correct way for me? Reasonably priced, please.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote