View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
ctlikon0712

Default So, was I in the wrong for trying to educate the 3bay seller?

Ive debated whether or not to post this but the sellers last reply kinda made me think.... what the hell.
I saw this sale of a nice Model A. It looks nice but is not a real Traveler. The sale is at $19,000 with 6 bids and I thought the way they portrayed it as a restoration that it gave the impression that it was a real rare one.
Now I know that buyers should educate themselves but in the off chance that this seller was just ignorant of A's I thought I'd give him a friendly heads up that what he had wasn't real. This was our correspondence. I have not and will not hassle him further.
What do you guy's think?

Dear yaztecautoga,

I don't know how much your dealership knows about Model A's but that isn’t a real Traveler. There are many glaring discrepancies that scream bad restoration. Now I don't want to interfere with your sale but would hope that someone isn't misled thinking that they are buying a real Traveler. Some of the issues are:
They only made that model in 31 and that is a 30.
Woody's and Travelers were made from Hard Maple, that is oak, and the vertical and horizontal slats are not shaped or spaced correctly.
Also the header above the windshield should be metal not wood, and the front door hinges are an integral part of the cowl, those are not.
In my opinion someone took parts and built a Traveler and didn’t even use the proper cowl for a knock off
I don’t mean this letter with any malice; I just think everyone should be properly informed.
Craig Likon
- ctlikon

Ford : Model A
Item Id:
End time:
Dec-23-12 13:00:00 PST
Seller:
yaztecautoga (463)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Sep-25-01 in United States
Listing Status:
This message was sent while the listing was active.

Dear ctlikon,
what is your point? Please remember that this car is not put up for judging at a Model A Club Forum? All people who have shown interest in this truck and some who are bidding on it are aware of all the facts that you have mentioned. Ebay is not on a chat line. If this car is not corret and you are not in a market to buy it, why are you expressing your opinion. I am 58 years old and have owned more than 1000 cars. Any where from a 1923 Bentley open tourer to a 1971 Mercedes 280SE 3.5 cabriolet and a 2012 Bentley twin turbo that is my daily driver. I know cars. I currently own 22 cars valued over $2,000,000.00. Do you really think I need you to judge my truck with or without malice? Do you own a real 1930 Woody wagon? If my truck is a pile of junk, then you need to move on and not worry about it. Some people like to have a nice vehicle that looks good and can be driven for not a whole lot of money. Not every one is buying a truck like this to take it their club meets and have the other 'expert' members shredd it apart like you do.
Happy holidays
- yaztecautoga

This was my point "Now I don't want to interfere with your sale but would hope that someone isn't misled thinking that they are buying a real Traveler." And yes I do own a real model A woody, unrestored. I don't know the sale agreement or specifics are, and don't care. If you had accepted the car as a trade then I hope the value didn't put you upside down. I also didn't want someone else to have buyer's remorse after finding out that the car isn't a real Traveler. You obviously already knew all this and didn't appreciate my heads up so.... good luck and Happy Holidays.
- ctlikon

Dear ctlikon,
Do not worry about how much I have paid for the truck or and how much someone else will pay for it. The only thing that you should worry about is that 'you' do not pay too much for it! Since you are not a prespective buyer, just stop hassling me or someone else about a vehicle that is not of your concern. Once again, fortunately I am not a Ford model A club member. I do not need advice! Just try to concentrate on your holidays. You are not the Ebay 'police'. I will not respond to any future emails.
- yaztecautoga

Last edited by ctlikon0712; 12-22-2012 at 12:40 PM.
ctlikon0712 is offline   Reply With Quote