View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #34
TonyM

Default Re: 1937 Ford transmission rebuild

Finally able to get my car back together. The brutal winter really held me back. I installed the transmission last month but only now have I been able to get the whole car all back together. There were a couple minor glitches with the trans and gearshift tower but they were straightened out quickly (thanks Mac Van Pelt for taking time out of your very busy Monday morning to answer my questions). Looking forward to the test drive. Today it snowed in Illinois, so no test drive today.

Had a good laugh--I had put my shifter and tower together and they were put in neutral. I got out and tried to push the car. No go. What? I took apart the tower and shifter. I looked inside and made sure the synchro was in the right position and the shifter was in neutral. I put it all back together. Made sure the car was in neutral. Got out and attempted to push the car. Still would not budge. I stood there and thought about it for a few moments. I knew I put it all back together right. What in the heck was holding it up? Looked over and noticed that the parking brake was engaged. Released the parking brake and the car rolled. I was pushing against the brakes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF8841.jpg (52.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8854.jpg (59.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8909.jpg (66.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8910.jpg (62.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8907.jpg (82.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8914.jpg (64.2 KB, 42 views)
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote