View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 09:13 PM   #240
GB SISSON

Default Re: Will all Veterans please arise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstuf View Post
Am I the only WWII veteran? If there are others I missed them.

US Army WWII, 29th Infantry Division, 116th Regiment, teen ager rifleman, Omaha Beach to Germany. Three awards of Purple Heart, and other awards.

US Army Air Corps, Army of Occupation Germany, 9 months Squadron Supply NCO for an air engineering squadron.

Gotta quote you barnstuf... I personally was given a high lottery number in '73 while working at a boatbuilding operation in Mattapoisett Mass., and they didn't call many guys up at that time. My dad had a similar situation, as his flight school was washed out when the war ended. He served in the army air corps during the occupation, stationed at Nordholz Germany. They flew Thunderbolts (is that what he's in in the photo?) He was a Mattapoisett native, but all the ancestors were from West Harwich on Cape Cod. Sisson Road. I have a very deep respect for all of you who served. I consider myself to be a very proud American.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg november 16 072.jpg (41.8 KB, 14 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is online now   Reply With Quote