View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 06:16 PM   #54
JimNNN

Default Re: 1958 Ford Fairlane Spring Model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercman from oz View Post
....the "Spring" model 1958 Ford Fairlane.

It's interesting, mercman, Chrysler offered what they called a "Spring Special" in the mid fifties in the US. I guess that was the thing to do back then, given that this kind of seasonal offering came from both Ford and Chrysler. I had a 1955 version in two door hardtop configuration (Windsor Deluxe.) I can't recall what other years - if any - the Spring Special was offered. It was basically just a cosmetic package, as I understand it. Chrysler had a specific two tone color scheme, with no choice of colors. In '55 it was a kind of a cream white with an aqua blue. I couldn't say if there were any special interior appointments for the package.

It makes sense in the US to have a spring promotional to help boost sagging interest in models that have been around for a while (they’re introduced late summer/ early fall of the previous year) but it makes me wonder: Isn't your spring in the southern hemisphere the opposite of ours in the northern hemispere? So spring for you would be September/October, right? Those are usually the months when our cars are released here. If you had a new generation/update of Ford released in Australia, would it typically be in Sept./Oct. like us, or some other time of the year?
JimNNN is offline   Reply With Quote