View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #40
Jordan

Default Re: Touring with a Model A ?

[QUOTE=BRENT in 10-uh-C;494500]Jordan,

[COLOR=black]Jordan, I can honestly see how your brother would be frustrated wih you carry all those items.

Logan was the one who made the comments, not me. But I'm not really sure why you worry about what's in our cars. We don't just carry for ourselves, we carry for everyone on the tours because it's easier to slap a spare part on the car than to bitch at someone for not preparing their car properly. We don't just go up to the ice cream store like a lot of people. It's not uncommon to go on 1,000 mile trips over a three day weekend or something. I still think it's better to be prepared than to be underprepared. it's easier the put on an extra carb than to wait for the one that's on the car to cool down, then take it off, fiddle with it, put it back on and then maybe it'll work.

A lot of Model A, or in your case also a lot of Model T people trailer their cars to tours, then drive them around on the tours, and then load them back up. It's not necessary to carry a lot of parts for people like that because if something breaks, just load it up on the trailer.