View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #46
malloyjp

Default Re: Frozen Distributor 351 Windsor (69)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
ok a few scenarios to mull over here: I haven't cranked it at all manually or by starter since i pulled distributor out. Just tried to re-install it so my rotor is pointing where it was when it came out. As you know it didn't drop down all the way. Rotor was pointing to #4 when it came out. If I bump the starter and it drops down but the rotor is not exactly on #4, what then ? At that point I imagine the crank will have moved and I've lost my chance to get it exactly where it was when it came out. Does close work here ? I keep reading how it needs to be exactly where it was when it came out. Or the other scenario is finding TDC first and try to get it to drop down pointing to #1, same issue, what if it drops not exactly not on #1. Do I have to keep resetting to TDC and trying again ? If it drops off a bit , is that ok ? Is there a trick to getting it to drop where you want it to ? Lastly lets say I get it to TDC and I check the harmonic balancer and it's not on zero, can that be corrected so I can trust it for timing in the future ? Thanks alot !
malloyjp is offline   Reply With Quote