View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 09:35 PM   #42
malloyjp

Default Re: Frozen Distributor 351 Windsor (69)

I pulled the distributor. It came out very easily. I just pulled up and out it came , no wiggling required. I cleaned it up , put new points and condenser on it. Put some anti-seize on the surfaces that were stuck. Suprisingly the O ring looked fine. Anyhow, it didn't drop down quite as easily as it came out. It's engaging on the gears but won't engage with the oil pump drive shaft. I know Ford3 mentioned this might happen. But I just want to mention when I look down the hole, the oil pump drive shaft is not centered. It's leaning to the passenger side. Any idea if this is normal ? I put a screwdriver down there an it will move around if I push on it. I can see that the top of the drive shaft is sitting down in the hole I estimate 1 inch(what I mean is it's not at the top of the hole. I don't know where it should be but just providing the details here). I do see a metal star washer down a little further on the drive shaft. My concern is , since it's not dropping down, is this play in the drive shaft a problem ? I have no idea if it's seated properly but the fact that it's leaning concerns me a bit. If I do get it to drop and the rotor isn't exactly where I marked it, do I have to yank it out and keep trying ? Thanks for reading this !
malloyjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)