View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
Bassman/NZ

Default Re: HEADERS on a STOCK '34

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
A friend has pretty much made-up his mind that he wants to put headers on his VERY STOCK '34 coupe, enlisting my help. His one stipulation, on which we can all agree, is that the car CANNOT be "cut" upon to accomplish this. With that in mind, has anyone on this board any "real world" experience with such? Everyone usually thinks of two possibilities off the bat...Fentons, and Red's Headers. Most of us know that when Red was runnin' the show, the headers showed-up on the Big Brown truck and they FIT, period! We've heard stories since Red retired that there are occasional problems now with fit and manufacture. Any of ya have first-hand knowledge of the above, good or bad? Any other "tube header" suggestions from real-world experience? OK, Fentons...we've heard that there can be fitment issues of different sorts with the "repro" Fentons on occasion, especially clearances around the steering box on a stock '34. Any real-world (personal experience) advice for or against using Fentons? Finally, we probably have a pretty good idea how much difference adding ONLY headers to a healthy, stock '34 V-8 will make, but it would be interesting to hear from someone, or a few of you, with personal experience. PLEASE, please don't send us over to the HAMB for this info. Most of us here know that some of those guys over "there" will just encourage us to get the saws, torches, hatchets and grinders out to start "hacking" on this pretty little coupe. DD
I'm a long time Hamber... Why would I want to encourage you to get out the saws etc? I think you do the Hamb a dis-service.
Bassman/NZ is offline   Reply With Quote