View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: PPG Shopline paint?

Luke, one or two other interesting thoughts, ....my PPG reps have on several occasions told us that DCC (Concept) will be phased out by the end of this year in my state, and in several states it is already gone and no longer sold because of the heavy metals used in its pigments. PPG's replacement is supposed to be a line called Essential. I have now been talking with DuPont about their ChromaOne line (comparable to DCC line) because it has already changed but they are trying to push me towards using their ChromaPremier line. We're a few weeks away from doing a test shoot with their factory rep. however the one thing that I understand is that although this stuff is VERY expensive (about $90 a sprayable qt), their VOCs and compliancy is of such that it may allow me to keep using a solvent based paint for anopther 3-5 years instead of switching to water-bourne totally. My hesitancy for going to water-bourne right now is the booth changeover costs are still pretty high (about $30k), the look, and obtaining the authentic color formulas.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote