View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #19
David J

Default Re: 1933 vs. 1934 Ford Frame VIN#'s locations

Musta done some rootin to find this old thread , On your frame # do you have stars before & after the numbers ? ALL should have . The 97 doesn't work from any angle . A 34 4cyl car would have a 7 digit number but it would start 52 - not 97 . A 34 V-8 car would have a 8 or 9 digit number starting star 18 - followed by 6 or 7 digits followed by a star . I have a 33 that has the 18 on the tranny but NOT on the frame . That is the only way to get a 6 digit number on a 33 . I also have a 33 with star 40 - and both these examples are not unique . Don't recall ever seeing this on 34's though . IF you have a 34 that the 18 was left off of & if it is June 34 production or later you could possibly have a 7 digit number but it would start 10 up to 13 . Your 97 doesn't fit any of these scenarios . Where are these numbers ? By the steering box ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfs11 View Post
Thanks Mike,
Strange the numbers stamped on my frame don't show up anywhere. This is odd. 7 Digit number in total but starts with 97 which isn't on that web page anywhere. It cleared reg so I'm good but it would be nice to know more about the origin but maybe just be happy with clean title and move on?
Thanks again.
David J is offline   Reply With Quote