View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 04:30 PM   #26
rotorwrench

Default Re: crimping wiring bullitt male terminals?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.M. View Post
There are special crimpers for the bullets. I have several that I had for years. These have plier type handles, there is an open circle in the middle of the complete round end. There are 3 or 4 little sliders that move into the center of the hole when squeezed. The wire is striped inserted in the bullet with the stripped end sticking out the end of the bullet about 1/8". The bullet is inserted into the round hole in the crimper and the sliders line up un the groove right behind the bullet end. As you squeeze the handles the siders move in and crimp the connecter to the wire. I always solder the wire end with small diameter solder and trim the end with a sharp cutter.
G.M.
Those crimpers are described to be similar to Daniels Manufacturing crimpers. I have several sets of them with different dies & positioners. They are generally a 4-way crimper and have a variety of position tools for different pin sizes & types like are used in Cannon plugs for aircraft & military equipment. Thes types are getting to be very expensive now days.
rotorwrench is online now   Reply With Quote