View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #16
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Stainless Steel Restoration: Who to go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peters180a/170b View Post
Doug is finished to some ! He got pissed off at some because of some of his pricing.
Ahh 'Bull**** Pete!!

Doug told me personally he was done with big stuff, ...and to my knowledge I NEVER complained about his prices. Some times I might have winced when I received the bill but I never said a word publicly!!

For the record, I just looked and since 12/04/2006, I have spent $8,958.75 paid with checks, another $1,162.10 with PayPal from eBay stuff he sold, ...and at Hershey in 2006 he sold me 3 shells at once that were paid in cash at a tune of $550, $600, & $750 for each one!! On 8/24/2007, I sent him a check for $3,450 to pay for 6 shells and 7 bands of mine that he restored which were picked up at Hershey that Fall. The best I can figure by looking back thru my register, he has restored a total of 16 or 17 shells for me plus many other items. Out of that entire lot, I have had one shell that I complained about because Doug's description did not match what the product was when it arrived. I never sent it back after we talked because he told me it was the best he could do. I just let it go. I paid him for 'show quality' and received 'driver quality'.

Next, I am the one that recommended Doug's services to Mitch. Then I even defended Doug's name when Mitch received his shell back and he was not pleased.

I feel sure I was never Doug's biggest customer however I feel like I have spent enough $$ with him over the years that if I had an issue, he should have reconsidered his position to make sure I was satisfied! I damned sure feel like I have 'paid my dues' with Doug that if he no longer wants to do work for me because I complained the one time, then so be it ...but I am not so sure what you/he is saying is gospel truth! BTW, I can back-up what I claim with a QuickBooks statements & PayPal receipts to Sue's account.

So back to the initial question above, who besides Doug Bruce, is doing quality Stainless restoration. .

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )