View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #6
CharlieB

Default Re: Just another worthless opinion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Garrison, I'm no expert but I've responded to a number of the kind of post you've mentioned. Especially if I think the guy is going to have his pants jerked down around his ankles with the asking price. I'm a small time Wayne Carini type. I get 'em fix 'em use it till I'm tired of it and sell it. On to the next project. Been through 3 so far in an area that's not know for having T's so I'll jump in if it looks bogus price wise. I agree with Bill in that you do a ground up resto on a T for the goof or love of the car but not for profit. You'll usually sink more into it than it's worth that way. I do save bills. It's a rough guide to what I'll add to the selling price but I don't count hours spent. You'll price yourself out of the market for sure. Every Mechams Auction car has the same story: I've got $50,000 in the car and it goes for $35,000. But as to the topic, Where else can a non-T guy get an idea as to price besides here and, I think, 2 other sites? At least their interested enough to ask.
CharlieB is offline   Reply With Quote