View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #13
Freddie (Memphis)

Default Re: Advice to change 6 volt to 12 volt Model A

Freddie (Memphis) posted...

Quote:
Wayne...careful, you may get more questions about "why would you want to change to a 12v system when a 6v works just fine" rather than answers on how to do it.

See what I mean...?

Guys...I'm sure Wayne appreciate your advice...really, I do. But, hell...it's not your car. If Wayne wants to convert it to 12v, then I'm sure he has his reasons...as I had when I converted mine...and you had when you decided to NOT convert yours. Did anyone try to convince you to leave your car(s) 6v...? I'd bet they didn't...

Listen to yourselves...you all sound like a bunch of ol' women cacklin' about how so-and-so shouldn't be seeing so-and-so... First thing you know, you'll be squabblin' about how you can't see any reason to change to a new format on Ford Barn..the old one worked fine for you and you never want to see it change..and if it does, you're going to start using the other Model A board...and so on and so on and so on. In fact...why did we ever stop using horses to get around on...or who needs to fly anywhere...or what do you mean...a device that shows movin' pictures sent over the air right in your own home...? Why pretty soon, we'll even be able to use a typewriter to send messages back and forth to each other over some kind of spiderweb thingie. Well...Goooo-oooo-leeee, Sergeant Carter, can yoo beleeve thet...?

Hey....wait a minute....

(...in good fun, guys...)

I'm still doin' the rhumba, Baby...I just can't seem to quit. If momma catches us doin' the rhumba....momma would just pitch a fit. I can't help myself....it's much bigger than me. If I were you I'd hang on to a rhumba man like me...!
Freddie (Memphis) is offline   Reply With Quote