Thread: radiator
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
Ronnie Lawson

Default Re: radiator

I too would recommend Burgs radiator (618-231-3507). I have purchased 3 from him and they all fit great.
I purchased a radiator from Brassworks. The upper funnel was 7/8 inch too low. I called Brassworks and they said to send it back and they would make me another. I told them that I would like to know the root cause of why it was too low. The top radiator hose would kink up when I tried to put it on.
My car is a 1929 Town Sedan. In October 1929 Ford changed the mounting surface for the radiator pads. They lowered the pads 3/8 of an inch and added 3/8 of an inch shim on each side until the end of 1929 production. I put 3/8 shim under the mounting pad and the radiator was still 1/2 inch too low. A Friend of mine had an original 1929 Ford radiator and he brought it over and it fit like a glove. We laid both radiators down side by side and we found that the angle of the funnel was not the same on the two. We also noted that the boss that the funnel was supposed to set in side was not correct on the Brassworks radiator it was 1/2" too low. I sent pictures back to Brassworks and Mr. Lee said send radiator back and he will build a new one. I shipped it back and it cost $75 shipping. Two weeks latter Brass works called and wanted to charge shipping for the new radiator. I told them no that I had paid for shipping two times and that I was not going to pay for shipping the third time. I asked for my $75 back and was told they would not pay return shipping. Brassworks said that they would send me a refund if I was not happy but not return shipping. They did send me my refund back but not the $75 return shipping. If the second radiator was also bad I would have to pay shipping back to them again. How many times do I should I have to pay for a defective radiator that was the manufactures fault? See pictures on the attachment to the right.Five eights of an inch too low.pdf
Ronnie Lawson is offline   Reply With Quote