View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #6
COE Dan

Default Re: Stromberg 97 rebuilding instructions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I'm no expert but I rebuilt two Strombergs (one 97 and one 48) with no experience and no expert help with excellent results. I got all the replacement parts from the Genuine Stromberg guys to include the rebuild kit. There are other quality places with quality parts...I just went with them.

The Genuine Stromberg kit came with step-by-step directions on disassembly, rebuild and reassembly...worked well. All I had to do when I was done was set the mixture and set the idle and I was done. No leaks, great performance...pretty easy. I got lucky my carbs weren't warped...if yours is warped, the top won't seal with the gaskets and it will leak. Warpage can be fixed...

If you want to remove/replace the emulsion tubes (recommended because usually they're all gummed up and performance will be terrible if not addressed), that's an extra step not covered by the kit (the emulsion tubes are a separate purchase). There's a trick to getting out the emulsion tubes. If you're interested I can elaborate...or one of the other experts out there can.

You can download the rebuild directions from the Genuine Stromberg website.
COE Dan is offline   Reply With Quote