View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #18
BILL WILLIAMSON

Default Re: 1929 Ford Tri-Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
My friend Cody Welch also flies the Tri-Motor for the EAA. This year Cody was giving rides out of the Oakland County International Airport, formerly the Pontiac Municipal Airport - "PTK" in Michigan during the "Air Fair" (open house and air show). PTK was the first aerodrome in the nation to receive airport certification from the Civil Aeronautics Bureau in 1928. So, the open house committee and I thought it appropriate to park a 1928 Ford next to the Tri-Motor during the show to give the thousands of visitors the appropriate feel of the era.

The early Model A Roadster was the only car on display during the Air Fair and it received a good going-over by the assembled masses. The fingerprints and dried ice cream washed right off. I loved hearing the stories of the old-timers who owned "A"s back in the day.

Active link for video HERE
Hyperion,
That's a great statement, "The fingerprints & dried ice cream washed right off!"
Sunday School taught us to "share what we have!"
We shouldn't be OLD GRUMPS! Be a Model A Ambassador! A car that's too precious to be touched should be left at home in a GLASS case! Bill W.