View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #48
Old Henry

Default Re: Best rust solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack E/NJ View Post
Old Henry>>>Test is ended>>>

Sorry, Henry. But your test is incomplete unless your engine normally runs at room temperature when it's all warmed up. Also, the analysis of what caused the sudden leak. 8^)

Jack E/NJ
"Objection, your honor! The question has already been asked and answered!" the frustrated attorney points out. The judge looks over the questioner (Jack E/NJ), feels sorry for him as he appears to be a little slow on the uptake, and responds, "Objection overruled. Answer the question . . . again." "Very well, your honor. Let's hope one more time will do it."

Your point was addressed in # 43.
Heat and agitation may have speeded up the chemical process but not changed its final outcome. My test was no different than most flatheads that sit for days at a time at "room temperature" without being run at all. My test is an illustration of the results under those circumstances. Results would, no doubt, be quicker with heat and agitation but no different between the two chemicals. If you believe otherwise please provide the chemical equations and formulas as well as the laws of physics or, better still, a more "complete" test to prove such.

P.S. If you want to tear apart my leaky pump to determine the cause of its failure P.M. me your address and I'll send it to you. Looks like you're more curious about that than I am.

Last edited by Old Henry; 11-16-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old Henry is offline   Reply With Quote