View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 03:32 PM   #14
ericr

Default Re: Anyone Contacted "American Pickers" lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Actually, someone who had them come to their place told me that in reality, they come on a large RV/Tour Bus after the "scouts" have been there and staged the script. Evidently one of the stars has some disease which necessitates a rest room close by, and they also use it for cast things also. Also, speaking of 'truck', I understand they also just received a Ford Transit Van to replace the Freightliner Van. It does seem ironic that Reality TV is not really reality, huh ☺
Actually I heard much the same thing about them from a friend who saw them driving in Florida several years ago and trailed them to a motorcycle collector. It appeared they have staff that drives the van to locations while Mike & Frank fly to a nearby airport and get picked up. A large amount of footage is shot at the location and pruned down to what we see on the show. The "country bumpkins" we see are actually coached on how to behave.

I often wondered if their real job was doing some kind of estate liquidation, or if the show itself is their primary job.
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote